The days of television, radio and even web-based advertisement are slipping behind us. Nowadays, aggressive advertisement tactics are pushing more customers away than attracting them. With this in mind, it is important for marketers to understand the value of content marketing and use it to their advantage.
Content marketing is defined by the Content Marketing Institute as the following:
“A strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
Rather than the primary motive of marketing simply being to get the brand name out to any and all audiences, content marketing works to educate a specific audience. Consequently, good content is always better than mass content. Your content marketing strategy should be constantly changing in order to stay up to date on what types of topics and media channels your audience will find most relevant. However, in order to fine-tune your strategy, you must first have one in place. Here are a few tips to help you get started as you begin to explore content marketing:
- Interact with your audience: If a customer posts a question on your Facebook page, take the time to answer. If someone tweets about a concern they had with your service or product, reply and address the issue. Taking the time to respond to customer questions, concerns and even comments on social media is a simple way to show them you care. Not only does it make the original poster feel more connected to your company, but it also sends a positive message to other readers on your page that you are willing to listen if they ever have a concern.
- Post consistently: Regular posts on your blog, twitter and Facebook pages create a sense of reliability between you and your customer. A Hubspot survey noticed 82% of marketers blogging daily acquired at least one customer via their blog versus the 57% who blogged only monthly.
- Write attention-grabbing headlines: Similar to traditional marketing, headlines online are incredibly important to driving traffic to your page. Coming up with a good headline is much more difficult than it may appear at first glance, since the goal is to create a provocative, and therefore compelling, headline without looking like click-bait. Try to create headlines that are simple, yet informative to generate both interest and authority
- Guest blog: Don’t limit yourself to only your company’s social media platforms. Appearing as a guest contributor on popular industry sites increases your company’s exposure and establishes your expertise about the industry or your brand. Make sure to put a link back to your site in your bio to direct potential customers.
- Establish a call-to-action: One of the primary differences between content marketing and traditional marketing is moving away from passive advertisements into a marketing tactic that is more engaging for the customer. Creating a call-to-action clearly defines to your audience what the purpose of your content is and what type of action you want them to do. A call-to-action could include asking the reader to subscribe to an email list or following you on social media. If one call-to-action doesn’t seem to be working, don’t hesitate to try another.
- Use videos: Every company uses text in their marketing, but using visuals can help an audience gain a better understanding of your product or service. Going the extra mile and using videos, allows you to stand out among the rest of your competition. Videos are naturally engaging and more easily digested. Not to mention, they are easy to share, giving you access to a wider audience.
- Measure results: Do not forget to be constantly up to date with your consumers and what types of material they will find relevant. Keep track of your most popular content and continue to evolve those marketing strategies while eliminating topics that have been proven to garner less attention. This will tidy up your page to ensure that your reader won’t feel bombarded by content they don’t care about.
PULSE 24/7 is a branding and marketing platform that can help you keep track of your sale trends. We are a mobile app that is set out to help you better brand and organize your business. To request a free trial, visit https://pulse247.net/request_trial.php .
- Automate and pre-schedule all your social media marketing from one platform to optimize your time.
- Get prepaid so your appointments are confirmed.
- View revenue and trends in real time to plan your schedule better.
- Get instant feedback from customers.